Our club is primarily geared for parents of children from 0-5 years of age but many of our events are enjoyed by kids up to age 10 and beyond!
- We offer 1-2 free to low cost Children’s Outings events per month geared toward supporting and trying local classes and experiences
- Recent events have been: Hikes, park dates, Hip Hop or other types of dance classes, Parent & Child Cooking classes, Fire station tours, Gymboree, KidPower Safety Workshops.
Many Members join as expecting mothers looking for support, discussion, meals, playgroups, and classifieds but they stay for the free annual Preschool Fair, Holiday Boutique & Gift Wrap event, and Pampering night. The Parents' Club is a great place to connect with other local parents and to find resources, referrals and get involved.
- We offer a Babysitting co-op participated in by families in your community, and free to low cost Mom’s Night Out and Dad’s Night Out events; recent events have included art, cooking, exercise, and wine tasting.
- The SCBPC has teamed up with Parent’s Place in San Mateo to offer free to low cost Parent and Childhood classes and speaker events that typically cost $30-$45/person; recent classes include Sleeping Issues, Kindergarten Preparedness, Positive Discipline Techniques.
A Club for the Whole Family!
We offer events for all members of the family, seasonal Family Events like our popular Winter Gymnastics, Spring Picnic, Summer CuriOdyssey Dinner, and Fall at Lemos Farm.
- On our online forum we discuss local recommendations for services, local nanny postings and recommendations, and our money saving Classifieds section is known to pay for the Membership itself.
- We offer Playgroups based on babies born around the same age and we also have Subgroups based on your interests; Single Parents, Beer Appreciation, Recipe Exchange, Scrapbooking, Breastfeeding, Food Allergies, Playgroups Based on Local Elementary Schools, and more. Don’t see a Subgroup you want? You can start one! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or more information.
- Our famous SCBPC summer camping trips are a low risk way to introduce your little kids to camping; typically 1.5-2 hours away, no experience needed but any is welcome, make new friends with like-minded people who understand and can share the cooking! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A Club for the Community!
- We have a closet of preemie clothes and a variety of newborn bottles we can loan to Members in need. Email email@example.com for more information.
- We also offer volunteer opportunities with the club and donation drive opportunities to support local charities; some recent charities supported include CORA, Ronald McDonald House, One Warm Coat, and Samaritan House.
- Our Members are very active in our communities, bringing insight to local issues, and the club donates a large portion of dues collected to local Education Funds and charities that support education and families.