Our club is primarily geared for parents of children from 0-5 years of age but many of our events are enjoyed by kids up to age 10 and beyond!
- We offer 1-2 free to low cost Children’s Outings events per month geared toward supporting and trying local classes and experiences
- Recent events have been: Hikes, park dates, Hip Hop or other types of dance classes, Parent & Child Cooking classes, Fire station tours, Gymboree, KidPower Safety Workshops.
Many Members join as expecting parents looking for support, discussion, playgroups, classifieds, events, and meals. The Parents' Club is a great place to connect with other local parents and to find resources, referrals and get involved.
- Babysitting co-op with participation by families in your community
- Free or low cost Mom’s Night Out and Dad’s Night Out events. Recent events have included art nights, cooking, exercise classes, and wine tasting.
- SCBPC has teamed up with Parent’s Place in San Mateo to offer free to low cost Parent and Childhood classes and speaker events that typically cost $30-$45/person. Recent Speakers Series classes include Sleeping Issues, Kindergarten Preparedness, and Positive Discipline Techniques.
A Club for the Whole Family!
We offer events for all members of the family. For example, we've sponsored seasonal Family Events like our popular Winter Gymnastics class, Spring Picnic, Summer CuriOdyssey Dinner, and Fall at Lemos Farm.
- On the online Discussion, find local recommendations for services, nanny postings and recommendations
- Our money saving Classifieds section is known to pay for the Membership itself.
- Playgroups based on child's age (usually the season of the year the child was born, eg, Summer 2015)
- Subgroups based on your interests can help you to find other parents with similar interests. Don’t see a Subgroup you want? You can start one! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
email@example.com for more information.
- The Summer Camping trip is a low-risk way to introduce your little kids to camping. The destination is less than 2 hours away, and no experience needed but any is welcome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A Club for the Community!
- We have a closet of preemie clothes and a variety of newborn bottles we can loan to Members in need. Email email@example.com for more information.
- We also offer volunteer opportunities with the club and donation drive opportunities to support local charities.
- Our Members are very active in our communities and bring good insight to local issues